Serving size: 1 glass
First you will need to drain the fresh coconut water from the coconut. I always use a head screwdriver and push it through the sofest of the three holes on top of the coconut.
Unfortunately not all coconut will hold the fresh coconut water. In that case you can replace the coconut water with skimmed milk or plain water.
To easily crack the coconut open I put the coconut in my hand palm and tap the coconut alongside the equator on a hard rock.
Alternatively go outside and throw the coconut 8 feet in the air and let it crack open on the pavement.
My banana chunks were also frozen, but that is not a necessity for this coconut blueberry smoothie.
- ½ cup fresh coconut chunks (150 gram)
- ½ cup fresh coconut water (120 ml)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (150 gram)
- 1 banana
- ½ cup skimmed milk (120 ml)
- ¾ cup fat free yogurt (180 ml)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- Crack the coconut open en extract the fresh coconut chunks. For ½ cup of coconut chunks you will need half a coconut.
- peel the banana and toss the banana chunks in your blender with all the other ingredients. Blend for about 45 seconds till smooth.