Serving size: 1 glass
Is that baby pineapple for real!!? :) Yes it is, and it comes from South Africa. It tastes just the same a normal pineapple, but looks pretty good for the picture.
I made my pineapple strawberry smoothie with fresh orange juice, but you can easily use orange juice from a pack.
I used two superfood supplements for this fruit smoothie; flax seed and cinnamon. Flax seed is perfect for your dieet, because it contains a lot of dietary fibers.
Cinnamon is a spice that comes from the bark of several trees and is a product that is reported since 2000 BC in China and ancient Egypt. In the past cinnamon has been used as a traditional medicine for many cures, but its effects has not been proven by nowadays science.
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks (150 gram)
- 1 cup Frozen strawberries (150 gram)
- 1 cup Fat free yogurt (240 ml)
- ¾ cup Orange juice (180 ml)
- 2 teaspoons Flax seed
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- Slice the skin from the pineapple and remove the hard core. Cut the pineapple in chunks. Toss all the ingredients in your blender, except for the cinnamon. Blend for 40 seconds till smooth. Drape a pinch of cinnamon on top of the smoothies.
- Optional if you want to make your own fresh orange juice you will need about 5 oranges.